It’s not too late to make your reservations and attend the annual AAUW MO State Conference in Columbia, May 4–5. Meet National AAUW CEO Kimberly Churches and hear about her vision for AAUW and AAUW’s strategic plan. Click here for complete details and reservation form.
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 @ 6 PM
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
40th & Main (11 E 40th St.) / Kansas City, MO
Dinner will be provided and prepared by NourishKC’s Culinary Training Program members and the evening’s program will offer details about their great work.
A donation of $10, which will be split between AAUW KC and Nourish KC, will secure your admission to this event. Dinner will be served at 6:00, followed by the program, and AAUW KC’s Annual Membership Meeting for the election of officers and sharing of information about National AAUW strategic plan and by-laws amendments.
Please add this event to your calendar. Contact Joanie Shores at 1-660-200-5809 or email@example.com for reservations. Free parking is available on the south side of the church.
AAUW KC Nominating Committee members Carol Cowles, Sara Pedram, Hortense Burr, Nicky Stanke and Teri Wichman announce the following officers (2018–2019) to be elected at the Annual Meeting on May 15, 2018:
President(s) Elect – Wanda Perkins
Co-Presidents – Stefanie Hatfield and Ellen Johnson
Immediate Past President – Linda Berube
Co-Program Vice Presidents – Patty Cahill and Joanie Shores
Membership Vice President – Teri Wichman
Secretary – Corinne Mahaffey
Finance Officer – Jane Vincent
Bylaws: Article IX: NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS: The names of the nominees for elected office shall be published and sent to every member at least 20 days prior to the election. Nominations may be made from the floor with the consent of the nominee.
Thorpe Menn Literary Excellence Award nominations will be accepted until May 1, 2018. The award, presented by the American Association of University Women-Kansas City Branch and the Kansas City Public Library, is presented to a local author in recognition for their excellence in writing. The award will be presented at a luncheon in October 6, 2018 and includes a $500 check, certificate of recognition, and listing on the library’s website.
• Nominated materials must be received no later than May 1, 2018.
• Nominations may be published works of fiction, non-fiction, children’s books or poetry.Text books, guide books, and how-to manuals are not eligible. Blogs and compilations of blogs are considered pre-published and are not eligible to be considered for the Thorpe Menn Award. Previous first-place winners are not eligible.
• Nominated authors must reside in the greater Kansas City area – Jackson, Cass, Clay, Lafayette and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
• All nominations must be initially published in 2017.
• Two (2) copies of the nominated book must be submitted to the address below or an eBook must be submitted to the email below.
• EBooks must be submitted in PDF (Portable Document Format) format only. (Judges must be able to view your eBook on any device, print it, and make a backup copy.) EBooks must not contain any DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection. If the eBook is sold in DRM format only, most publishers will be able to provide a non-DRM file for use in a judging competition. If the publisher is not able to provide a non-DRM format, many formats can be converted to a PDF using free conversion software available online.
• All submissions must include a contact name, mailing address, email, and telephone number.
Two copies of the nominated printed book should be mailed to:
Thorpe Menn Nominations
Attn: Jane McClain
P.O. Box 8831
Kansas City, MO 64114
EBook nominated files should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call Jane McClain at (816) 444-2152 or email email@example.com.