The Wagy Awards & Holiday Luncheon took place on December 2 at the Grand Street Café. This year’s event marked our 20th presentation of the Wagy Awards, which gives funding to local community organizations for their work in advancing education and equity for women and girls. A total of 85 awards have been presented and $225,575 in Wagy funds have been provided over the past two decades, including this year’s five recipients and awards totaling $10,000.
The 2017 Wagy award recipients and programs:
• Episcopal Community Services – Nourish: Turning the Tables Empowering Women through Culinary Training
• Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri – STEM Girls Outreach Program
• The Family Conservancy – Directors Leadership Academy
• Women’s Foundation of Greater Kansas City – The Appointment Project: Equitable Representation of Women on Civic Boards and Commissions
• Fractured Atlas – Rightfully Sewn Seamstress Program