Thorpe Menn Literary Excellence Award nominations will be accepted until May 1, 2018. The award, presented by the American Association of University Women-Kansas City Branch and the Kansas City Public Library, is presented to a local author in recognition for their excellence in writing. The award will be presented at a luncheon in October 6, 2018 and includes a $500 check, certificate of recognition, and listing on the library’s website.
• Nominated materials must be received no later than May 1, 2018.
• Nominations may be published works of fiction, non-fiction, children’s books or poetry.Text books, guide books, and how-to manuals are not eligible. Blogs and compilations of blogs are considered pre-published and are not eligible to be considered for the Thorpe Menn Award. Previous first-place winners are not eligible.
• Nominated authors must reside in the greater Kansas City area – Jackson, Cass, Clay, Lafayette and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
• All nominations must be initially published in 2017.
• Two (2) copies of the nominated book must be submitted to the address below or an eBook must be submitted to the email below.
• EBooks must be submitted in PDF (Portable Document Format) format only. (Judges must be able to view your eBook on any device, print it, and make a backup copy.) EBooks must not contain any DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection. If the eBook is sold in DRM format only, most publishers will be able to provide a non-DRM file for use in a judging competition. If the publisher is not able to provide a non-DRM format, many formats can be converted to a PDF using free conversion software available online.
• All submissions must include a contact name, mailing address, email, and telephone number.
Two copies of the nominated printed book should be mailed to:
Thorpe Menn Nominations
Attn: Jane McClain
P.O. Box 8831
Kansas City, MO 64114
EBook nominated files should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call Jane McClain at (816) 444-2152 or email email@example.com.